Monday 12 March 2007

The best birthday yet!

Yesterday, which happened to be my birthday, was a very busy day for many reasons. I had the privilege of preaching God's Word three times, twice at RCCG Tottenham and also during our service at His Kingdom Outreach Church. It was a twelve-hour stretch that left me a bit exhausted afterwards (I am lying down in my bed as I write).

Birthdays are a good time for reflection, but for me, this year's one was more a time of projection. In the early hours of the morning, God gave me a birthday present (Proverbs 11:10,11) that focused my heart on what He wants to do through me in the new year. The times of ministration during the day were also clear demonstrations of His grace for the new season of my life. I thank God for the gift and purpose of life - to be a blessing in His kingdom and for His glory!

Of course, I received a few cards and presents from family, friends and church (a big hamper basket from the RCCG folk), but the prophetic glimpse into how God will use me this year made yesterday the best birthday yet!

(I go back to RCCG Tottenham next Saturday for a 5-hour session on 'Church Growth'. Be glorifed, dear Father, once again!)

3 comments:

The Place Of Your Emotions 12 March 2007 at 21:55  

I have enjoyed reading your blogs. Thanks for being a blessing to the body of Christ

Anonymous,  13 March 2007 at 06:31  

you are a voice to our generation. God bless

Anonymous,  13 March 2007 at 08:58  

thanks for your blog pastor Israel. I must admit, its the very first i've ever read and it really blessed me to know that someone could share their heart on the net. You are a very bold and very rare general of God. I love your heartbeat. shola Olorunniwo, Kent

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template PingooIgloo by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP